1. Mike likes 144 but not 143; he likes 121 but not 122; he likes 100 but not 101. Which does he like?
2. If two mice can eat two crackers in two minutes, how many mice will it take to eat 18 crackers in six minutes?
3. If it were two hours later, it would be half as long until midnight as it would be if it were an hour later. What time is it now?
4. Which of the following is closest in meaning to the saying, "A man is known by the company he keeps."?
5. What is the number that is one half of one quarter of one tenth of 400?
6. If you count from 1 to 100, how many 7's will you pass on the way?
7. Two men, starting at the same point, walk in opposite directions for 4 meters, turn left and walk another 3 meters. What is the distance between them?
8. If a circle is one, how many is an octagon?
9. Which of the following sentences given below means approximately the same as the proverb: "Don't count your chickens until they are hatched?"
10. There are 1200 elephants in a herd. Some have pink and green stripes, some are all pink and some are all blue. One third are pure pink. Is it true that 400 elephants are definitely blue?
11. Following the pattern shown in the number sequence below, what is the missing number?
1 8 27 ? 125 216
12. Which vowel comes midway between J and T?
13. Pear is to apple as potato is to?
14. Which of the following is least like the others?
15. Which of these is the odd one out?
16. Continue the following number series with the group of numbers below which best continues the series?
1 10 3 9 5 8 7 7 9 6 ? ?
17. Which number comes next in this series of numbers?
2 3 5 7 11 13 ?
18. Which letter comes next in this series of letters?
B A C B D C E D F ?